Everything is bigger – and better! – in Texas.
Craft beer is no exception. The Nodding Donkey loves beer and loves supporting our local artisans by carrying Texas craft beer both on tap and in bottles in our Dallas restaurant and bar. We’ve tried them all and here are 5 of our favorite Texas craft beers you need to try now:
· Revolver Blood & Honey: It’s absolutely one of our favorites and frequently on draft at The Nodding Donkey. Using local Fall Creek Farms honey, spices, and a hint of blood orange, our friends at Revolver Brewing Company have created an American Wheat Ale that is hard to beat. But don’t take our word for it. It’s good served with just about anything or just by itself.
· Lakewood Lager: As classic as East Dallas itself, Lakewood Brewing Company’s Lakewood Lager has a distinctively old world feel about it. You will enjoy sipping this Vienna style lager, created with a perfect balance of malty sweetness and bitter hops.
· Community Mosaic IPA: If you know anything about Dallas craft beer, chances are you’ve tried – and loved – this award-winning brew from Community Beer Company. A precise balance of hops, malts, and alcohol, the Mosaic IPA is smooth and robust. Fruity undertones and a golden color create perfect balance.
· Nine Band Cactus Cat Kolsch: A great summer beer, this classic Kolsch style beer from Nine Band Brewing impresses. A light beer with mild undertones and a golden wheat appearance, it’s easy to drink with just about anything and perfect for an evening on the patio with friends.
· Texas Ale Project Fire Ant Funeral: Not sure what we like better, the beer or the name. Nonetheless, Fire Ant Funeral hits a sweet spot with the perfect blend of 7 different malts and American grown hops, creating an exceptional Amber ale from Texas Ale Project.
Join us this week at The Nodding Donkey in Dallas, Texas, for these and other amazing Texas craft beers!