As the D Magazine Readers’ Choice “Best Sports Bar in Dallas,” you know we know how to throw a party! And since we love Halloween and any chance to dress up, you know we wouldn’t miss this opportunity.
Join us at The Nodding Donkey Uptown this Friday night – October 31 – for the best Halloween party in Uptown! We’ll be taking it up a notch with a DJ, amazing drink specials, and a costume contest with cash prizes for the winners.
So what costume will you wear? Decisions…decisions… Take a cue from pop culture and try one of these on for size:
· The Ice Bucket Challenge: Pop culture always finds its way into interesting and creative costumes (think Jim Halpert’s “Facebook” Costume on the Office), so why not try putting a bucket on your head and giving this one a go. Simple. Cheap. What’s not to love?!
· An Inmate: “Orange is the New Black” gained unprecedented popularity on Netflix following women around in prison. Grab an orange jumpsuit and this one’s easy to pull off.
· A Disney’s Frozen Character: Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Olaf – these costumes can be found at just about any costume store on the planet. Sweet. Sexy. Scary. Add your own flare and own it.
· British Royal: Americans are obsessed with William, Kate, the Royal Baby, George, and Royal Baby-to-be #2. Just pick one and run with it!
· Ebola Virus: You can find a hazmat suit or get creative by turning your body into a strain of the virus. Just beware – you’re unlikely to be the only one with this idea.
Whatever costume you choose, come dressed to impress to The Nodding Donkey Uptown this Halloween! You won’t want to miss the special Halloween drink menu with brews and mixed drinks for everyone. Dancing, DJ, laughs, and fun – it'll be your best Halloween yet!