We have a confession to make: we have an obsession with fried food.
Well good, then we’re in good company.
When it comes to appetizers at The Nodding Donkey, we have something for everyone. Lots of delicious fried options, but then lighter fare as well. No matter what you order, it’s made fresh daily in our Dallas scratch kitchen and you can guarantee it’s anything but “typical bar food.”
So what’s on the menu? Glad you asked!
· Donkey Balls: You can’t go wrong with balls of fried cheese – can you? Ours are oh-so-right, as we deep fry balls of Oaxaca cheese in a mild jalapeno batter, then serve with homemade ranch and marinara.
· Stacked Up Nachos: Share with friends or hoard for yourself, either way, you’ll have plenty! Our huge plate of stacked up nachos is piled high with seasoned beef, cheddar, queso, pico, lettuce, and jalapenos, all on a bed of fresh tortilla chips.
· Smoked Guacamole: Anyone can serve guacamole, but what about “smoked” guacamole? Ours has a hint of smoky flavor, given the flecks of delicious bacon throughout the guac.
· Willy’s Wagon Wheels: Our deep fried dill pickle chips are so addictive! Just go ahead and order two orders!
· S&A Chicken Strips: We borrowed a recipe from our sister restaurant – State & Allen. These delicious chicken strips are battered in 9 herbs and spices, creating so much flavor in each crunchy bite.
· Chicken Wings: Our chicken wings are smoked in house, then fried, for the tastiest chicken wings around! Pair with your choice of dipping sauce: BBQ, Spicy BBQ, Classic Buffalo, Lemon Pepper, or S&A Buffalo Sauce.
Ready to start munching? These are just a few of the delicious Dallas appetizers we have to offer at The Nodding Donkey. Grab some friends and join us this week for Happy Hour – 4-7pm and snag a few appetizers to go with it!