At The Nodding Donkey Uptown, we don’t serve sandwiches, we serve sammiches. That’s right, this is Texas. This is a saloon-style bar. And we’ll call them sammiches if we want to! We’re laid back like that.
One of our most raved about sammiches on the menu is the BBQ Brisket Grilled Cheese sammich. The sammich is served on thick Texas Toast (who doesn’t love Texas Toast?!), complete with tender brisket and bacon cooked to perfection, and covered in our homemade barbeque sauce and ooey gooey melted cheddar cheese. Doesn’t that just sound heavenly?! But don’t just take our word for it! Here are a few rave reviews we’ve gotten:
- “Can't go wrong with the brisket grilled cheese.”
- “The brisket grilled cheese is amaaaazing.”
- “These tipsters aren't lying, the grilled cheese with brisket was awesome!”
- “The BBQ brisket grilled cheese was far superior. The slices of Texas toast held back the creamy and candy-sweet meat with the help of the cheddar, which regardless of its minor presence had a smoky flavor that brought a smile to my face... Nothing came spilling out of my sandwich. The bread didn't disintegrate. The contents were well prepared. The grilled cheese at The Nodding Donkey is what a sandwich should be.”
- “We tried the grilled cheese brisket sandwich…. Hands down mouth watering!”
- “We both opted for the BBQ Brisket Grilled Cheese, it's was as good as it sounds!”
The BBQ Brisket Grilled Cheese, along with the entire menu of sammiches, is served with a choice of waffle fries, salad, potato salad, or a cup of fruit.
And if you still aren’t convinced the grilled cheese is the way to go, other sammich offerings include the pulled pork sammich, a smoked & sliced turkey sammich, the saloon burger (spicy chipotle burger), the armadill’a wrap (chipotle chicken wrap), or the #28 (chicken sandwich). All served fresh with a Texan flare and a friendly “howdy.”
Like I said, we’re laid back like that.