ootball season is in full swing, and the much anticipated annual Red River Showdown is right around the corner! On October 10, all eyes will turn to Dallas for one of the greatest football rivalries in the country: University of Texas vs. Oklahoma University.
Whether you’ve got a ticket to the game or not, you know the Nodding Donkey Uptown is the place to hangout that weekend. Let’s rehash the reasons why, shall we…
1. Best Sports Bar in Dallas: We are so honored and proud to be awarded the best sports bar in Dallas by D Magazine readers!
2. Extended Hours: On Saturday, Oct. 10, The Nodding Donkey will open at 8:30am for pregame brunch. Which brings us to our next reason…
3. Best Brunch in Uptown: The brunch at The Nodding Donkey is a hit and there is always something for everyone on the menu. Not to mention, $3 mimosas, manmosas, and bloody marys until 2pm. Join us bring and early at 8:30 on Saturday or at 10am on Sunday after the game.
4. Amazing Atmosphere: We love the vibe on college game days in Dallas – especially at The Donkey! Everyone comes decked out in their favorite college gear and the place bustles with people inside, outside on the patio, playing games, watching one of our many big screens… It’s like your local Dallas tailgate.
5. Drink Specials: There are always incredible Dallas drink specials and craft brews on tap at The Nodding Donkey, and you can expect no less during Texas-OU Weekend!
6. Hot New Menu: We recently released a new menu at The Donkey, full of food that’s anything but your ordinary bar food. Burgers, salads, sandwiches, tex mex favorites, etc., all with a fresh spin.
Bring your friends and join us at The Nodding Donkey for our version of a Texas-OU Tailgate! You won’t want to miss it!